Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Little More

I embellished Autumn last night. I think he looks much better and is ready to be sold. I'm having trouble deciding on auctions at ebay or just in my Etsy Shop. Decisions, Decisions.

He looks very nice now. Everytime I held him I thought he was missing something and I was right. Now he is complete.

Once upon a time on an older blog I had I used to add the odd recipe that I really liked. Here is a tried and true banana bread in two versions sort of. LOL


Canadian Nut Bread


2 cups sour milk
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup white flour
2 cups whole wheat or graham flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix all well and place in well greased and floured loaf pan(s) and bake 350F until tested done.


NOTES:
Now when I made this I didn't have any sour milk so I used regular milk and I used peanuts instead of walnuts and added a 1/2 cup of raisins and a generous pinch of both ginger and cinnamon. It was great.

The quote for today:
"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know that just to be alive is a grand thing."--Agatha Christie

2 comments:

  1. i think i heard you narrorating your story "robot baby" on the radio. it was so beautiful. i was spellbound. is there anyway i could hear this again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Love Autumn. Just perfect.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete