Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finished at Last!!!

Well, Gretchen the Sea Urchin is done. I spent two hours last night finishing the beading and another two putting embellishments on her. She turned out beautifully and these photos do not do her justice at all.





Gretchen ended up being quite heavy for a little girl. She is 8 inches tall and about 2.5 inches at her midsection. I used Czech glass beads in varying blues, gold, white AB and clear. Her face was purchased and I can't remember where. She is embellished with crystals, little gold bells, gold streaked blue acrylic flowers and millefiori hearts in white and cobalt. She is very lovely and I'm quite proud of her. Now to decide where to sell her, Etsy or Ebay. Choices, choices, I'm so very bad at choices and no matter witch one I pick it will, of course, be the wrong one.

Today's quote is from Allan K. Chalmers: The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

4 comments:

  1. Heather:

    Gorgeous. Please post pic of her on Bad.

    Jeanne
    http://gammiebrat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous! The enlarged photo shows how many different kinds of beads you used. An impressive number within a limited color palette, and it lets the texture show. I like the way some of the larger beads have little bits of other colors. They add some pizazz. I'll remember that--and borrow the idea--since I often work with a monochromatic color scheme.
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, your sea urchin is spectacular. I bet she feels wonderful when you hold her!

    Beadily yours
    Susan Feldkamp
    nightbeaderatlarge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete