Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A New Day


It's a new day and a new doll. Started a red doll last night. She was supposed to be a Valentine's project but I got side tracked. I'm hoping to do some St. Paddy's green Ug Bugs and I'll start ahead of time. I haven't decided on a face for this one yet. Usually I start beading and then something will strike me. Her personality hasn't spoken to me yet.

I also want to put some finishing touches on Autumn. He really needs embellishment. His picture is near the bottom of the page.

It's a cold day in Chesterville. The wind is raw and biting and it is rather overcast. A couple of weeks ago I woke up to the most beautiful frost over everything. This is a picture of the Spirea bush beside the front porch. It was awesome and twinkled like it was loaded with diamonds in the morning sun. Unfortunately it didn't last too long.



I leave you with a verse from one of my favorite songs. A Pirate Looks at Forty by Jimmy Buffett.


Mother, mother ocean, after all these years I've found
My occupational hazard being, my occupation's
just not around.
I feel like I've drowned,
Gonna head uptown.
This is one of my problems. My occupation is just not around either.

No comments:

Post a Comment