Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pain and Rain

Two things that I seem to be seeing a lot of these days. Pain and rain. About three weeks ago my back really started to act up and I was finding that I couldn't stand up as long as I used to do. By 3 in the afternoon I was either in my bed or wheelchair. Now it just hurts all the damn time whether I am standing up or not. What a pain... literally. I have managed to lose some of the 65 pounds that I have to lose... a whole 7 pounds. I am using a product called ISOFemme. You can find more info about it HERE. I know that 7 pounds isn't a great deal but it has only been two weeks and I'm not killing myself over this.

I bought this great book "French Women Don't Get Fat". It's not a diet book. It is a great story, with recipes, about a young French girl who came to America as an exchange student. When she went home she was considerably heavier. It is her story of reaching her proper weight and how the mind set of Europeans, French in particular differs. French women don't get fat and she tells you why they don't. It's awesome and I would more than recommend it to anyone, thin or otherwise.



Today's quote is from Luciano Pavarotti, one of the world's great voices:

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." from his book "My Own Story"


No comments:

Post a Comment