Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


This is a scan of a very old card. The artwork used on cards "back in the day" was something else and not at all like the artwork used now. Personally I prefer the then over the now.

This Halloween we had all of 2 kids. We usually have 6. I liked it better when we lived in town and had lots and lots of little ghosties and goblins. My darling grandson went out as a little lion. Mom and Dad took pics which I shall post as soon as I get one. In the meantime here are a few scans of old Halloween cards that I particularly like.


I don't think too many people give Halloween cards anymore. I don't even remember getting any when I was a child in the 50's. Obviously they used to do it judging from the collections of old cards I have found.




Some of these are cute enough to frame. Maybe I will frame one or two for Logan's room.






No comments:

Post a Comment