Monday, January 26, 2009

Valentines and Job Hunting



This is a Brown Bag Valentine Card that I did for a swap. I'm fond of the brown bag card and books. Some of the ones that are being created are totally awesome.

Once upon a time a couple or three years ago I bought a 4 CD set of Victorian Clip Art. A lot of the clip art are greeting cards from long ago. Cards from the yesteryears were beautiful, decorative and awesome creations. A far cry from what is being produced today.




I am job hunting. Bummer. Somehow I thought that by the time I had reached this age I would be retiring not looking for a new job. Thanks to all the government cuts in education my in-school tutoring job has become obsolete. Now that our income is cut by $500.00 a month I have to find some way to make up the difference. I don't think that selling my artwork is going to bring in that much.

An on-line writing job would be good. Blogs that pay? Maybe. A part time job would be perfect that way I can continue to work at the school. I would really hate to give up the school.

How ever I look at it, job hunting at my age is the pits.

I leave you with a quote from Oscar Wilde: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! First - I love the antique and vintage cards, postcards, etc. They are beautiful and unique and they have a magic all their own! Your cards are lovely.
    Just for fun, every year at Christmas, I PhotoShop my kids (and sometimes my dog) into the faces in a vintage card and then send it out to everyone on my list. It's a lot of fun and everyone thinks they are so cool.
    I hope you find a job. I know it's hard. (I'm looking too, and it's not a time in my life where I thought I'd be doing it either!) :D
    Hang in there!
    -RJ (from the MWs, too)

    ReplyDelete