Sunday, January 11, 2009

The New Year is for Art

For the past few years I have been doing very little artwork. Something else always seemed to take precedent over it and there is, after all, only so many hours in a day. I did dabble a bit here and there but not seriously.

This year is going to be my year. A positive attitude and a definitive decision. My Year. Mine, mine, mine.

One thing I have always wanted to start was an art journal. I have a couple I sort of started but didn't keep up. Perhaps an online journal will be easier to maintain.

Presently I am beading dolls and Ug Bugs, bracelets and watches. My goal is to finish at least one a month. Pray for me because it is going to be tough. I am the worlds greatest procrastinator.

This is a little purple Ug Bug. They are small dolls that can be worn as a brooch or on a rope or chain. The first year I started making them I sold 10 in just 2 weeks. Good Lord willing I will, perhaps, have the same good fortune this time. I have one on the go at present.

1 comment:

  1. I think your purple UgBug is adorable & I wish you many more sales.

    As for being the world's greatest procrastinator, I might actually give you a run for your money LOL

    ReplyDelete