Friday, July 31, 2009

Just visiting... and ranting

I am dog/cat/house/kid sitting for the long weekend. I'm here in beeeeuuuutiful Martintown, Ontario. The weather is good, so far it hasn't rained, shopping is close and I am free, free, free!! Yes!

This afternoon I visited a friend in McQuaig's Corners and then headed on to Cornwall to get cat food at Wally World. (Wal-Mart). Man was it busy. You would've thought that it was the day before Christmas. Line ups, no parking, kids and parents in less than good humour. Sheesh! Needless to say I got my cat food and skeddadled out of there. I did, however meet my neighbours from up Chesterville way while I was in there. Folks you barely see at home you always seem to meet at either Mike Dean's or Wal-Mart.

I spent the better part of today thinking about how badly I need a job of some sort so I can crawl out of debt. Trouble is my back gives me so much trouble that I am a terribly unreliable type of employee. By times I'm an unreliable volunteer. I hate that too especially when other people are depending on me. Over the past couple of years I have learned not to take on anything or make promises to go anywhere. I never know what the day will bring until my feet have hit the floor. After walking around today I am suffering greatly for it now.

I'm thinking that working online would be awesome but how do you actually find those types of jobs? I have searched and researched and come up empty most of the time.

Anyhow.... a couch and a pain killer are calling my name so I shall sign off for now and leave you with a quote from Mother Theresa:

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment