Friday, November 14, 2008

Vista

This summer I bought a new Dell laptop. It's a Studio 17 in a gorgeous coppery orange colour. I splurged and got the LCD screen, bigger graphics card, more ram etc. I debated having it come with Vista or now but decided to take the plunge. It is 3 months later and I love my 'puter. I love Vista. I adore the LCD screen. So far Vista has been awesome. There are a couple of programs I wanted but they wouldn't run so I got newer versions and they were fine. My printer, external hard drive, all the peripherals I use worked instantly with no tweaking. All the graphics programs I use worked great.

I'm an old dog who doesn't want to learn many new tricks so I was quite prepared to not like Vista. Especially after all the horror stories I have heard, we all have heard. I was sure surprised to see how smoothly the change over went.

So! If you are sure you aren't going to like Vista, just try it. Make sure you have a whole lot of ram though. I think this is one of the secrets to having it run smoothly on your computer. A minimum of 2 gig I would say.

I would also highly recommend Dell. This is the 3rd Dell computer I have had, the second laptop, and they have really out performmed themselves. The support is awesome as well. Not to mention the pretty colours. For Linux users, Dell has a series that comes with Ubuntu Linux a distribution I am particularly fond of. For the first time Linux users or the old timers, I think Ubuntu is one of the best distributions I have used and I have used a lot of them.

In my humble opinion anyway.

Whenever a system becomes completely defined, someone discovers something which either abolishes the system or expands it beyond recognition.

More funny Brooke's Law quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment